Friday, May 14, 2010

Ask a Tulsa Celebrity: What's Your Favorite Mayfest Food?

In the spirit of Mayfest and all that is deep-fried and holy, I asked a few Tulsa celebrities an important question, one that's been weighing on the minds of the public for weeks on end:

What is your favorite thing to eat at Mayfest, and why?


Dewey Bartlett, Tulsa mayor
"A funnel cake and a sausage hot dog. It's a great mix."


Eric Himan, of Eric and the Adams
"I have to say, the corndogs. This is one thing I cannot cook myself, so when I go to Mayfest, I immediately look for a BIG lemonade and a corndog. There is something about eating food like that outside and watching bands play that does it for me."


Chera Kimiko, weekday anchor at FOX 23
"I love the junk food. I'm partial to funnel cakes and cheese on a stick. Truly, I could eat cheese on a stick every day - makes my mouth water! To me, Mayfest food is also about a good wine in hand, great friends, conversation and seeing fantastic art work. Mayfest is a time when I know I can be together with my friends."


Rick Couri, sportscaster at News Talk KRMG
"My family and I like unusual food. Sure, we like hot dogs, corn dogs, etc.,  but if there are unique things, we tend to head that way. If there isn’t anything off the wall, we go to our basic menu. First, head to fried pickles (yes, this is a multi-course thing) to get it started. Then it's brats and/or sausages with sauerkraut for the main dish. We wrap it up with Ludgers Bavarian Cheesecake for dessert. By the way, at the end of the meal we suggest you visit your cardiologist. You know, just in case."


Julie Chin, meteorologist at KJRH Channel 2
"When it comes to food at Mayfest, we don't discriminate! My husband and I like to do something we call progressive dining, which, basically, is to go from booth to booth to sample and share everything. If I had to choose one thing, though, it would be Mikes Roasted Nuts. We love the cinnamon roasted almonds!"


Okie the Bull Shark at Oklahoma Aquarium
"Do they have mackarel-on-a-stick?"

So. What's your favorite Mayfest food?

Food photo by the evil geniuses at Tulsa Food Blog.

4 comments:

Judi said...

Not always there... but I LOVE Indian Tacos!

Unknown said...

Why is Julie Chen lovin' on a peacock?

Chris Bouldin said...

I believe Chera Kimiko eats food from Mayfest about as far as I can throw Rick Couri. No offense Rick.

Brian said...

I love you! Great post...and everything else! :) :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails