Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer's 5th Night 2009 @ Utica Square

Looking for the 2010 schedule for Summer's Fifth Night at Utica Square? Check out this updated post.

There's no question that Tulsa's Utica Square, on 21st Street between Utica and Yorktown, is a beautiful place, even when my 15-month-old son does his little break dance on its freshly manicured lawns that, as marked, are not to be walked upon.

Oh, well. Whatareyagonnado.


If you're tired of the Thursday night bar scene, consider heading to Utica Square this week for a change. The 2009 season of Summer's 5th Night, the Utica Square outdoor summer concert series, will start at 7 p.m. Kicking off the season will be Light Opera Oklahoma, Tulsa's very own opretta and classical musical comedy company.

If the classics aren't your thing, dig out your calendars (does anyone actually keep a pocket calendar anymore?) and block off next Thursday from 7-9 p.m. Mid Life Crisis, a T-Town based classic rock band, will be rocking the socks off Utica Square that night.

Other acts this season include Admiral Twin (June 11), the Red Dirt Rangers (July 2), Annie Ellicott with the Brian Haas Trio (Aug. 13) and the master of romance himself, Grady Nichols (Aug. 27).

Plus, Summer's 5th Night attendees are eligible for drawings and giveaways. And there's dancing. And picnic dinners. And soft breezes to cool your skin as you sprawl across your favorite blanket, loosing yourself in the music and some of the best scenery that Tulsa has to offer.

Sorry. I'm writing a romance novel, and I switched gears rather involuntarily back there. Happens to the best of us.

Not really on the romance novel. I prefer to stick to the real smut - you know, blogs.

This all sounds like high-quality entertainment, right? The kind of fun honest people pay for? Well, guess what. It's free. But you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?

See you all out there - bring an extra antihistamine for me.

3 comments:

Brigid said...

Annie Ellicott is the shizz! (Not that I'm biased having known her since high school or anything.)

Unknown said...

Ya know, people keep asking me if I'm going to put my kids in some summer camp program this summer. I say no. For one, I don't want to miss a second with my stepdaughter when she comes to town. Second, there are SO many fun things to do together for free - even things other kids will attend.

I'm looking forward to a really fun filled summer and I have your blog to thank for our dance cards being full. ;)

katarashop said...

very cute baby ... ^_^

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails