Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bootcamp Tulsa

Please welcome to TDT Deedra Determan, one of the minds behind that local source for mommyhood, 918moms.com. For the past several months, Deedra has been rising at ungodly hours, only to work her butt off - literally - with Bootcamp Tulsa. Anytime someone's willing to go sweat it out in front of a bunch of other people (including the Mayor of Tulsa herself, Kathy Taylor), I want to know more. Take it away, Deedra!



You know, the name didn’t even scare me when I first heard it: Bootcamp Tulsa. I mean, how hard could it really be? 

I have played sports my whole life. I workout 4-5 times a week, and I’m a pretty tough chick. I guess it was a good thing I was naïve going into Bootcamp Tulsa or I may have never started that first day.

My first day was in the beginning of March, and the temperature was below freezing at start time - a not-so-bright and early 5:30 a.m. I thought for sure Bootcamp would be canceled or at least inside that day. Coach JC (Bootcamp Tulsa founder and president Jonathan Conneely) laughed when I texted him to see if it was still outside. I was used to getting up at 5 a.m., so that wasn’t a shock. But the freezing Oklahoma wind was a bit much for me. 

When I pulled up, I saw 40 or so women, all bundled up with hats and gloves, ready to work out. These people must be insane, I thought, as I reluctantly walked up to join the group. 

Coach JC was his usual chipper self, laughing and carrying on with the girls as if it wasn’t 5:30 a.m. and below freezing.

Needless to say, I made it through that first day. I gave my all. No one told me I wouldn’t be able to walk for three days after that first workout or to take Ibuprofen every 4 hours. I quickly learned and lived off Ibuprofen for the first couple of weeks. 

As the weeks went on, I found myself looking forward to each Bootcamp workout. It is the most fun I have ever had working out and is such an inspiring way to start the day. 

I tried to go back to my gym a few weeks ago to take my favorite class and ended up leaving half way through the workout. I just can’t do the boring gym any longer! Bootcamp Tulsa is a different workout every day. The workout shocks your body with something new each time, which is why it works and why you will never get bored. 

You also have the positive feedback from the coaches who push you to work harder each day. I am seeing results, and I'm seeing things about my body that I haven’t since before I had kids! I've also made friends and created business relationships through Bootcamp Tulsa. 

It is not just a workout, but a way of life. Nothing is more exciting than seeing women regain confidence in themselves after only a few weeks of training. As women, we are pulled in a million directions every day. This is one thing you can do for yourself. 

So, this winter when it is below freezing at 5:30 a.m., all I will have to say is, BRING IT ON COACH JC!



New classes start June 5, so check it out now. If after that testimonial you're still on the fence, give Bootcamp Tulsa a try for free. Just don't come complaining to me about your sore butt and underarms and how the prospect of moving gives you anxiety attacks. I jumped into training for a 5K two weeks after I gave birth. When I was still retaining water like crazy and outweighed my husband by thirty-five pounds. I don't want to hear it. 

The sun is shining today, people, and swimsuit season is just around the corner. Tulsa Tough rolls into T-Town tomorrow, and it's never too early to start training for the Tulsa Run. Get thee moving.

3 comments:

Scott Grizzle said...

Is it wrong that this post has an ad for Kupcakz?

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Very tempting, my gym work-outs aren't doing a thing for me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails