Saturday, May 30, 2009

Something to Do at Sunset Tonight


It's been a beautiful day. As I write this, it's 90 degrees, and skies are blue all around. A gentle breeze is helping to keep things from getting too steamy.

From what I saw when we were out and about before naptime, I know thousands of Tulsans were out enjoying the weather today.

One of the No. 1 questions I get from readers on what there is to do in Tulsa is where to find a good sunset. I have a few favorites - most of them are on the northwestern outskirts of town - but I found a new place today: The new 41st Street Plaza that opened at River Parks earlier this month.

With interactive fountains and water features, a plethora of brand-spankin' new playground equipment and tons of room to run around, this plaza is one of the most exciting things I've seen happen in Tulsa for families with young children for quite some time. It'd be almost too easy to grab a picnic supper, unload it at one of the covered picnic tables at the plaza and then challenge the kids to get cramps in the splashpads.

The sun sets at 8:34 tonight. Head to 41st and Riverside and watch the sunset with your kids. Then, run 'em like crazy. Smile at the thought of the super-quiet Saturday night that's about to happen at your place.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails