Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wanna go fishing with me this Friday?


For the 33rd year in a row, Tulsa-based Zebco - arguably the most famous brand in fishing - will stock 10,000 fish in LaFortune, Mohawk and Jenks' Veterans ponds. And this Saturday, any Tulsan who so desires can show up at these ponds and fish to their heart's content. It's all part of Zebco's Take Me Fishing Day.

The kicker? No fishing license is required. No, really. Plus, the fish are tagged and, when they're caught, they can be redeemed for prizes.

If you're like me and you love to fish, be sure to put this event on your calendar for this Saturday, June 5 from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.

But, here's what I want to know: What are you doing Friday morning?

I'm looking to gather a team of the best local fisherpeople (especially you pint-sized anglers) for a fishing derby. The goal? To run circles around the media jokers from KJRH, FOX 23 and KOTV competing against us to catch the most fish in an hour's time.

The Meet and Greet starts at 8am Friday morning at Veterans Park in Jenks. The Competition Cast and Catch starts at 9am, and the trophy and other prizes are awarded at 10am.

Would you and your favorite kiddo like to be part of the team? If so, e-mail me, and quick. I'll give you a very difficult fishing quiz and, if you pass, I'll add you to the team roster.

Just kidding about the difficult fishing quiz part.

I can accept just five more adults and five more kids, so hurry if you'd like to be part of the TDT awesome anglers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails