Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tulsa Blogger Meetup: The Third

Tulsa Blogger Meetup: The Third

The third monthly Tulsa Blogger Meetup is on the horizon, folks - the show gets on the road the evening of Thursday, April 22 at 6:30pm.

Since the last two occasions were downtown, I thought we'd mix it up a bit and send some love to the southtownies at the same time.

Guess where we're going.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Guess again.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

You're getting warmer...

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Even warmer...

Siegi's Sausage Factory

German potato salad. Sauerkraut. A menu full of different types of house-made sausage, the taste of which brings back memories - Oktoberfest-like memories.

We can only be talking about one place.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Yep. It's Siegi's Sausage Factory.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

We went the other night to give the new location, open since St. Patrick's Day, a trial run. I'd had plenty of Siegi's at the annual Oktoberfest event at River West Festival Park, but I'd never been to the restaurant, new or former.

And I wouldn't dare invite my fellow bloggers to a place I wasn't assured was was absolutely, totally, incredibly awesome.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Look at their faces. My kid is about to pass out due to overwhelming deliciosity and my hubby is ticked because he's too busy holding our kid to take a second bite of sausage. All he got was a taste - one trip to the top of the mountain.

So, yeah, I'm assured. I officially declare the all-clear. Siegi's is certifiably awesome.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

By the way, there's more to Siegi's Sausage Factory than just a restaurant. It's also a German market.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Mmm, vinegar. Vinegar is pretty important in German cuisine.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

I can just hear my friend Sindy now - "That is so Bavarian."

See, Sindy's German. As in, she was born and raised there. But not in Bavaria.

NOT in Bavaria. Okay? Okay.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Guess what. Wieners!

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Lots and lots of wieners.

Ahem. Cough. Sniff.

I'm sorry. I'm stuck in the eighth grade, apparently.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

And...

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Nutella. My love. My life. My hope in this world.

Here's our room for the Meetup:

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Look! Technology! See it? It's on the wall.

*In my best Kip Dynamite sing-song voice* I love technology...

Siegi's Sausage Factory

I love Spaten beer...

Always and forever.

See what I did there? I just wrote the best song ever. You're welcome.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

The folks at Siegi's will set up a buffet-style dinner for the Meetup group. Here's the menu for the evening:

Siegi's Grilled Sausages (Bratwurst and Smoked Bratwurst)
Bavarian Sauerkraut
German Potato Salad
Siegi's Pretzel Rolls (they are awesome)
Iced Tea and Water to drink

The cost of this meal? Ten measly bucks. No, seriously. Local, house-made sausage, three sides and a drink for $10. Gratuity and tax puts that at about $13, which is a damn good deal, if you ask me. And if you're not asking me, I'll tell you anyway: That's a good damn deal.

There are only 50 total spots for this meetup and about half have been sold already, so if you know you're available and you'd like to join us, secure your tickets now.

Keep in mind that you can opt to pay cash at the door and still reserve your ticket. I'm not going to bring much change with me, though, so if you could bring a 10 spot straight up, I'd greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

By the way, an "attending" reply on Facebook will not guarantee you a seat at Tulsa Blogger Meetup: The Third. Like I said, if you're available Thursday and you'd like to join us, secure and pay for your tickets now, or at least secure your tickets and plan to pay at the door.

As always, we'll have a speaker, door prizes and general horsing around. Also, beer - as in, German beer on tap. And pretzel rolls. And beer. And wieners. And beer.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

And there may or may not be a secret stash of Nutella. But you'll have to know the password in order to gain access.

Siegi's Sausage Factory

Hope to see you all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails