Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hungry? Check out Gatsby's for breakfast.

Gatsby's

Got a case of the morning rumblies?

I'm sorry. I'm the parent of a two-year-old, and I say things like "morning rumblies." One day I will re-assimilate into normal society and speak a language that doesn't give everyone the heebies.

Maybe.

Gatsby's

This was my breakfast yesterday morning. I had some time to kill between dropping my son off at school and yet another periodontist appointment. Plus, I had a case of those morning rumblies.

So, I hit Gatsby's, the cafe just north of Gardner's Books at 44th and Memorial.

I've already told you about the amazing burgers at Gatsby's. Today, I'm going to tell you about this breakfast sandwich.

Egg, your choice of a giant slice of ham, bacon or sausage, tomato, onion and cheese is served on a house-made bun with a side of these rustic, thick-cut hash browns.

See all of that food on that plate up there? Guess how much it cost. If I were to just look at the photo, I'd venture a guess of about $12. But, no. It's not $10, either. It's not even $7. Or $5.

It's three freaking dollars ($3!), plus a bit of the change jingling around in your pocket.

Gatsby's

And while you're chowing down on your huge, delicious breakfast sandwich and sipping your coffee, either at a large, comfy booth or at a bistro table, you can use the free wifi at Gardner's. It's great for generating a quick blog post before you gas your periodontist with your onion-and-coffee breath.

Heh.

Gatsby's offers a variety of breakfast plates, ranging from omelets to a couple of eggs with bacon to a full-blown chicken fried steak breakfast. Whichever way you decide to go, the most you could possibly spend at Gatsby's on breakfast is $7.50.

Gatsby's

As you can tell from the photo of my impromptu workspace above (look behind the sandwich), I can't walk by a beautiful display case full of baked items without snagging something. See that M&M cookie back there? Behind the breakfast sandwich?

Yeah. I had plans for that cookie. And come mid-afternoon, they were executed.

Gatsby's

The display case weakness worked in my favor yesterday, actually. Not only did I get a huge, inexpensive breakfast, free wifi and great service from the folks at Gatsby's, but I also had a cookie to share with my son when I picked him up from school yesterday.

Thanks for the good karma, Gatsby's. I think I'm gonna need it with this kid.

Coffeehouse on Cherry Street

If you'd like to call ahead for breakfast, lunch or dinner at Gatsby's, just give 'em a ring at (918) 764-9532. And keep in mind that when you order dinner from now until April 17 you can take your receipt to the bookstore next door and get a paperback for free.

Yeah. Good food AND free books.

Gatsby's

Now you know why I write about this place all the stinkin' time.

2 comments:

Jeff Shaw said...

Holy Cow! That's a breakfast what is breakfast.

Brian said...

BOMB! Can't wait to try!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails