Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Okie Blogtistas Unite

I've been known to keep company with bloggers. 

I can be seen galavanting around town with the likes of Amanda Emerson of Have Spork, Will Travel and Holly Wall of Tulsa Art Blog; I can't find enough good to say about the blogging kings and queens of my little local universe, Michael Bates of Batesline.com and Shannon Lowe of Rocks in My Dryer; I've interviewed blog-tastic Tulsans like Sindy at Sindy in Tulsa and Katie at Oklahoma From a Yankee's Eye View on this little ol' weblog; I've recently been seen pestering the daylights out of Don Drury and Chelsea Coleman of Bootstrap Farm and Carrisa of And So She Blogs

I just can't get enough of bloggers. What can I say? Birds of a feather, well, flock together, online and off, in this treacherous place we call the real world. 

Every now and then, a big group of us risks the well-being of the universe by being in the same place, at the same time - I mean, for real, inside a bricks-and-mortal building. A whopper of a group of Oklahoma women bloggers are scheming on an offline meet-up for May 7 at the Hideaway Pizza at 103rd and Memorial, 6:30-9:30 p.m. 

If you blog and you're down with spending an evening with the blog-tastic women of our great state, e-mail Melanie Nelson of the (surprise!) Oklahoma-based blog Blogging Basics 101. More details will then be headed down the pike in your general direction. 

Whatever you do, get your RSVP in before May 1. We want to be able to tell the Hideaway people how much pain we're going to put them through before we put them through it. There's room for about 75 bloggers, but there are a heck of a lot more than 75 women blogging where the wind goes sweepin' down the plains, so get your RSVP in early if you want to be assured a seat. 

Not that the lady bloggers of Okie-home-uh would need any more incentive to hang out with other chicks who stare at laptop screens a lot, but TTownMoms.com is providing swag bags with computer goodies for all attending bloggers. Plus, there will be door prizes. I'm such a sucker for door prizes. 

Cost of the event is $10 (payable via PayPal) - that gets you pizza and a drink. If you want beer (and I will, especially if there's Marshall's), you're on your own for that. 

This blogger meet-up is part of the National Mom's Nite Out event, hosted by Maria Bailey of BSM Media. You don't have to be a mom or a mommy blogger to meet up with us Okies, though. This party is all about meeting other Oklahoma women who have at least one thing in common: the blogging bug. 

Hosts of the event (click here for yet more info) are Melanie Nelson at Blogging Basics 101; Shannon Lowe at Rocks in My Dryer; Deedre Determan of 918moms.com; Trisha Swindle at TTownMoms.com; Christine Rury at Home Team Wins and (big finish! Oy...) me. Be sure to grab us at the event and say hello! Can't wait to meet all you frisky blogtistas.

7 comments:

Melanie Nelson said...

Great post! I can't wait to meet everyone! It's going to be a great night!

Hautemama said...

Why wasn't Hautemama invited?

Tasha said...

Because you have cuter hair than me, Hautemama, that's why.

Emiline said...

This is fantabulous! I am so excited! I want to join, and thanks for all the great links for local bloggers! WOW!

~ Emily

www.worldofemiline.blogspot.com

Emiline said...

DOH! I went to mark my calender and start begging for volunteer terps (I am Deaf), but it looks like I am presenting in OKC on May 7th (we got Dave Pelzer, author of "Child Called It" to come!). Bummer! But I will subscribe and follow and whatever it takes to follow along! Great stuff, thank you!

P.S. Do you follow the Pioneer Woman? She lives in Oklahoma, and she is coming to BookPub soon (check it out at Dwelling Spaces).

~ Em

Jill of All Trades said...

Gonna so totally be there.

Holly Wall said...

Can I just RSVP to you? Like, can this be my RSVP? This sounds so fun.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails