Saturday, November 28, 2009

And the Winner is...

The Art of Manliness

Pick No. 2 in the first annual Tasha Does Tulsa Gift Guide was a signed copy of The Art of Manliness: Classic Skills and Manners for the Modern Man. The book is an outgrowth of the hit blog, The Art of Manliness, penned by Tulsans Brett and Kate McKay.

As it turns out, I'm not the only lucky duck to have Brett and Kate as readers here at TDT. The McKays were nice enough to sign and send along a copy of this book for me to give away here at the blog. They didn't even know their pithy, highly useful guide to all that is man was going to be part of the gift guide anyway. Funny how things turn out, especially when the small, small world that is Tulsa, Oklahoma, is part of the picture.

Anyway. The point is, there's a winner among us today.

Folks, your personal tips for maximum manliness had me in stitches. I'm going to have to jot them down on a piece of notebook paper and tuck them into my own copy of TAoM, as a sort of community-produced appendix. Thanks for making me laugh (yet again). In my mind, a good sense of humor is a true mark of manliness. In that respect, each of you has, I'm sure, 92,000+ black, curly hairs on your chest.


While there were many more than 16 comments/entries, only that many - just a little more than half - made it in before the deadline of 8pm on Friday. Better luck next time to those of you who missed the cut-off time. I was glad to read your tips for manliness anyway, though.


Congrats, Holly!


Amen to that, sister. Any time there's grilling to be done, especially, my man won't let me near animal consumables, either. A pity since grilling is way fun, but less work is less work, right? Right. E-mail me to claim your prize, little missy.

Thanks to everyone who entered. Keep your eyes on this blog for news about when the McKays will make an appearance to talk manliness and sign copies of TAoM. Hint: It's soon. Very soon.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Holly said...

Awesome! This just brought the smiles. :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails