Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cheap Date

Cash can't buy love (at least, that's what they try to tell us), so why try? After all, just because you're short on skrill doesn't mean you can't be long on love.

Thanks to our low cost of living, you'd have to earn 28 percent more in L.A. (52 percent more in Boston) to afford the lifestyle we all enjoy right here. Entertainment comes relatively cheap here in T-town. That's a good thing for your personal life, because we all know dating isn't the most inexpensive thing to do these days. We all do it (yes, even we marrieds, and hopefully only with our spouses), but not all of us manage to keep the resulting bills from Visa and Mastercard at bay.

Next time the bank calls on date night, give one of the outings listed below a shot. These plans are low-cost, high-excitement, and I know this because I've been on these dates myself. According to my experience (because I wouldn't tell you to do something I haven't done myself, not even for a good laugh), the flavor of the week won't guess that he or she is the subject of a budget date. It's hard to notice such things when you're having an absolute blast.

Read the rest of this story in Consumer Watchdog in this week's Urban Tulsa Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails