Friday, January 9, 2009

The Winds, They Are A-Changin'

Today was the perfect day to go to the park.


The temperatures were mild and clouds kept the sun from glaring down on my little boy's head, which, as you could surmise from the many photos of him that I post here, is a second-degree sunburn waiting to happen. Though the parking lot is heinous thanks to construction, the LaFortune Park playgrounds (more than half a dozen on the west side of the park) at 51st and Yale are the best picks for play dates in that weird not-quite-Midtown, not-quite-South-or-East-Tulsa zone.

As I write this, though, the winds are changing - howling, actually. The high temperature tomorrow should be in the upper 30s.

No play time at the park tomorrow for our little man. Don't worry, he'll recover.

While the weather won't be good for swings and sandboxes, it will be perfect for fluffy, hearty, piping-hot pizza.

If you haven't had a chance to get downtown and give Joe Momma's a try, make a point to do it this weekend while it's chilly and your innards need warmin'.

I'm sorry I said innards. Really, my Papa is the only man cool and Oklahoma enough to use that word.

When you get settled in at the uber-urban digs of Joe Momma's (112 S. Elgin), make sure to try the Bacon Cheeseburger pizza. It completely disarms the question, "If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, would it be pizza or cheeseburgers?" Joe Momma's has created a world in which we don't have to choose.


That I don't ever have to worry again about making that choice deserves the cheesiest thumbs-up I can muster.

Happy weekend, friends! Make sure to get your own photo taken in the big, gold throne at Joe Momma's soon.

3 comments:

Jeff Shaw said...

Just when I start thinking you are a really entertaining writer, you throw in the "when your innards need warmin" and then I know you are, cause you made me laugh.

I gotta git me summa dat pizza!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

We spent many hours at Lafortune when our little man was your little man's size.

Jeff said...

I actually just tried the downtown Joe Mamas the other day. Me likie.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails