Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tulsa Zoo Run

Blogger: Mos Jef




This morning Tulsa had its 38th Annual Zoo Run. This year broke last year's record for most participants. Go Tulsa! It was a good time for everyone involved. I'm not sure exactly how many people were running in the event, but I pre-registered earlier this week and I was number:



That makes this run the 2nd oldest running event in Tulsa, and the 6th largest race in the state. The zoo's American Airlines tent served as the post-race hospitality area. Food and beverages from great Tulsa-area establishments were provided for all participants. Post-race activities included live music from a DJ, face painters, clowns, and massages. Once the race was over, all runners and spectators could enjoy a free day at the Tulsa Zoo.


Some animals were pretty pumped up about the event:











Others didn't seem so interested:





Others were too busy hanging out to even watch:





If you'd like to get involved in Tulsa-area running events, you should join the Tulsa Running Club. It's a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote the benefits of running and walking by providing social, financial, and moral support to Tulsa and the surrounding communities and to establish camaraderie among runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. You can fill out a membership form at tulsarunningclub.com (or click the link).


Me? I'm not there for the camaraderie. I was talking trash and hauling ass. Just like in the last event, I finished 3rd in my age division (25 - 29 years old) despite shaving 45 seconds off my time. I'm almost positive it's the same two guys that beat me at the last event. I'm going to have to kill them. Training to beat them will just take too much effort. I'm going to make it look like an accident. I've already decided how -- posionous dart frogs:





Anyway, it was a good time. These events make running a lot of fun, and running is good for the body.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails